Chicken and White Bean Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 15-oz cans cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 4-oz can roasted green chiles
- Fresh Cilantro, coarsely chopped (for garnish; optional)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onions and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until no longer pink.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Add broth, beans, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and chiles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes.
Divide chili into six serving bowls; garnish with cilantro if desired.
Courtesy of BeachBody On Demand