Chicken and Chile Hash
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 ounces ground chicken
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered (about 6 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 4 large egg
1. Place 2 tablespoons water and potatoes in a microwave-safe dish; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until tender. Place potatoes on a paper towel-lined plate.
2. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, red pepper, and chicken; cook 5 minutes, stirring to crumble. Remove chicken mixture to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Add onion and poblano chile to drippings in pan; cook 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, 2 teaspoons thyme, and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Add mushroom mixture to chicken mixture.