Shrimp, Asparagus and Avocado Salad
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 20 spears asparagus, (1 bunch)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 recipe lemon vinaigrette
1. Bring both a medium pot of water and a medium sauté pan of water and to a boil. Add the shrimp to the pot and the asparagus to the sauté pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Use a skimmer or tongs to transfer the shrimp and asparagus to an ice water bath. Drain and then slice the asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Add the shrimp, sliced asparagus, baby spinach, avocado and green onion to a salad bowl. Add the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss it all together.
Recipe Courtesy of DownShiftology.com